Date(s) - 05/04/2020
8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Categories No Categories
Productive Safety in Practice
**UPDATE** This event has been postponed indefinitely due to the coronavirus outbreak. We will reschedule as soon as possible. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
New ways of looking at safety and operational excellence, such as Safety-II, Resilience Engineering, and Human and Organizational Performance (HOP) provide more promising solutions to the challenges of today’s organizations. This workshop provides attendees with tools necessary to integrate these ideas into existing organizational systems and processes. Attendees will learn how to identify and challenge beliefs that create barriers to improved performance, as well as how to utilize practical tools to create operational resilience. Through a combination of reviewing relevant research, case studies, and group discussions and exercises, attendees will leave this fun and challenging workshop with a solid foundation on how to implement Productive Safety and Operational Resilience in their organization.
What You’ll Learn
- The blindspots of traditional management perspectives
- The basic tenets of Productive Safety and Resilience Engineering and how they create more sustainable performance improvement
- How to define safety and operational success in a proactive way that limits conflict and creates resilience
- The role of people in identifying and solving operational problems the organization faces and how to tap into this solution
- How to reorient the organization to learning about everyday work, in success and failure, and how to support people to achieve sustainable success
Who Should Attend
- Operational Managers
- Safety Managers
- Frontline Supervisors
- Human Resources Professionals
- Project Managers
Bookings are closed for this event.